Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Notice of Petition to Recover Real Property Non-Payment

Posted by Jean on December 07, 2000 at 17:41:09:

HELP...need some sound advice. Came home today (12/6) and found a Notice of Petition to Recover Real Property Non-Payment (xeroxed copy) taped to my door. It states I must go to court on 12/13 for recover of real property due to non-payment.

The petition states that I owe a balance of 82.00 for the month of October (I apparently bounced the check, my error and will take full responsiblity for it); also states I owe the rent for November in its entirety (not true I have a copy of my bank statement indicating this check was cashed on Nov. 15, 2000 (written and posted in the mail by the first of the month) and I owe the month of December which I have mailed in with the appropriate new increase due to gas inflation.

I do not want to be evicted, I have resided in this apartment for 5 years without incident. I live in Rockland County New York and have never been in this situation before. Am quite frightened and need advice on how to proceed so I do not get evicted from my home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I like most folks live paycheck to paycheck. My apartment is not rent controlled and is a large complex.

Thank you in advance.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name