Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: need lawyer referrals

Posted by chelsea on December 07, 2000 at 07:34:55:

In Reply to: need lawyer referals posted by dsc on December 07, 2000 at 03:23:21:

I'd advise trying one or more of the lawyers who advertise on Inquire about their rates, and their experience with your kind of case. They might advise you to try to bring it into Housing Court. If you would want to stay involved as possible in the case, and do as much of the work as possible, let them know that. You might want to shop around, calling two or three. Good luck!

: i live in a rent-stabilized apt. in manhattan and have had a rent-overcharge complaint going on since nov. 1994. last week i received a packet of legal materials from the dhcr that my landord had sent it about the claim. up until now i had been doing all of the work myself, but the legalese is a bit overwhelming. i have about 21 days to respond and need a referal to a good tenant lawyer who charges reasonable rates.

: i realize this is a message board with people who have constructive and not-so constructive comments. some may think that asking strangers for lawyer referals is absurd, but someone might have used a great lawyer who'd be good for me to hire.

: thanks for your time.

: dsc

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name