Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

go through the normal procedures in writing

Posted by Ken on November 30, 2000 at 19:17:54:

In Reply to: Landlord not making repairs posted by Kevin on November 30, 2000 at 09:41:40:

What does your lease say regarding a VCR ? What understanding did you have that you were "supposed to" get one ?

Regarding the drain, the procedure here is to send a certified letter to the landlord detailing the problem and requesting action by X date and stating that you will have to make the repair yourself after that. Puts you on firmer ground as having provided notice of the problem to your landlord and usually gets a response.

I wouldn't withhold rent over a VCR, however, unless your lease makes it very clear that you are to be provided with one. VCRs are not usually provided by landlords. Again, the procedure here would be to notify the landlord by certified mail referencing the exact lease clause he is breaking in not giving you the VCR and requesting action.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name