Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Not a good holiday weekend...

Posted by Andra on November 29, 2000 at 20:56:48:

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a better Thanksgiving Holiday than I did. The ham and company was great, but what awaited me when I got home was far from good. In a way, this is an update to all of my postings so far.
My rommate and I, as well had discussed the issues and concerns and, to my understanding, had resloved them. My roommate, who by the way is older than my mother (I know, weird situation), even ended our discussion with hugging me and my boyfriend and saying we are friends and everything was okay again. Looking back now, this was very fake, hypocritical, and two-faced of her. The week of Thanksgiving, she hardly talked to me and I figured she was jsut having bad days or stress because of the holidays. Well, after I come home from some holiday shopping, I find the 30 day on my door. I don't say anything to her because of her family being over. The next afternoon, my boyfriend and I are up in my room searching roommate wanted ads for me and making calls to set up appointment to see places. We hear her and a few people come home...to make the story short, her son-who is bigger and older than I, knocks on my door and tells my boyfriend that he wants to have a "man to man talk"..he didn't want to "talk" in the room, but outside. My boyfriend refuses to get in a fight and calls the cops after the son won't let me shut my door. The cops tell me that the less contact and communication I have with my roommate the better-she's obviously unstable. I tell them that I don't feel safe going back in or even sleeping in my room anymore. At that point, my boyfriend tells me that we are getting all of my stuff out NOW. So, within 3 hoursI got all of my stuff moved out and am temporarily staying at my boyfriend's mothers house. I'm now looking for roommate wanted ads and hope to live with people my own age who are in the same situation and have the same lifestyle. Thanks for the input and advice...
I'll keep you updated on my search...
Andra

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name