Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Metro Management apartment listings

Posted by Irena on November 28, 2000 at 14:30:55:

In Reply to: Metro Management apartment listings posted by Jacqui on November 27, 2000 at 15:14:38:

This happened to my sister a year ago with another no-fee rental service, the only way she got her money back was through repeated threats with reports to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). She first talked to a customer service person there who basically told her they could do nothing, then she demanded to talk to their supervisor, the supervisor told her the same thing and then she demanded to talk to HIS supervisor and on and on until she got to someone high enough in the company that would actually listen to her.

I hope this helps.

: This company has a website at www.NYCApartmentRentals.com. I signed up for their no-fee apartment listing service, which allows me to get an updated listing of apts in a specified price range faxed to me daily. However, I did not find an apartment with them. I called to request a refund, which is my right under the law, and they refused. The person I spoke with there said that since they are also a real estate broker agency, they do not have to refund my money.

: Is anyone familiar with this company, or with what the law has to say about a company having (at least) two divisions: a listing service and a broker service? Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name