Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Second serious violations not being repaired

Posted by Dawn on November 20, 2000 at 12:35:29:

In Reply to: Second serious violations not being repaired posted by Tramar on November 20, 2000 at 09:57:22:

If the landlord hasn't fixed the more serious violations, he won't fix, apparently, the lesser violations, well then, this is no time to give up. so what if he doesn't care and the violation fines are not substantial, perhaps the LL feels that if he doesn't do anything, he can "smoke" you out, so to speak. I would not give up going to court and I think he's just trying to break you. Videotaping is a GREAT thing (make sure it's time and date stamped when you tape) and I would definitely present this to the court, why not? I would also present the history of him blatantly ignoring the fines and upkeep of the building. Has the court agreed for you to put your rent money in an escrow account until this whole issue is resolved? If you haven't done so, DO IT NOW. Because if he's still getting the rent despite his lack of non-repair, he will never ever fix anything properly. And UPN is a GREAT idea as well -- I've told another person on this site that if all else has failed and he/she exercised every single legal option available to no avail, then the media is the next step. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name