Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

You missed my point...

Posted by Irena on November 17, 2000 at 12:08:04:

In Reply to: Dog my cats posted by Ken on November 16, 2000 at 19:30:23:

Thanks Ken,

I think you missed my point. The landlord knows about the dog, has always known about the dog and he has no problem with it (as well as has no problem with the other dogs in the building). I am just throwing out a general question, if a new landlord buys the building, what effect (if any) does this have to us in the building with dogs (it is rent stabilized and there is something in the lease that states no dogs). We have had the dogs for many many years in the building with the current landlord.

Thanks.

: Its a grey area, because the three months refers to "openly and conspicously" keeping a dog (like walking it by the super every day, having it by the door when the landlord arrives). What does your lease say about pets ?

: I think it really depends upon what kind of policies your building has. If you live in a no-pet building, you could well have the other tenants turn you in if you keep a dog. On the other hand if there are dogs throughout the building its probably not a problem. As another poster has pointed out, if you can get the department landlord to put a rider in your lease allowing you to keep a dog that would solve it.

: : I have a question, I have a dog in a rent stabilized apt in Manhattan, which I have had in that apt for over one year, I know that dog is legally there now because of the whole 3 months rule and the such. Currently, I think that the landlord is about to sell the building, does this put me and my dogs in any danger if I get a new owner of the building?

: : Thanks!
: : Irena

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name