Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Hello Suzanna

Posted by ken on November 16, 2000 at 19:50:40:

In Reply to: Re: ken - hello? posted by suzanna on November 15, 2000 at 22:21:05:

Hello Suzanna,

Your original reply here sparked quite a discussion, and the message you referred to was my reply to another user, referencing your original post. (This board puts the more recent messages towards the top of each thread).

Regarding your coop imposing new rules, I ask you to read my original reply. Basically I said that the coop board is free to make whatever rules they want, and most do require that any tradesman be licensed.

As for the sponsor flouting the rules by using unlicensed people...guess what ... you bring it up with the coop board like anyone else. You say that he still has a controlling interest of the board ? Frankly, I can't imagine why you didn't investigate these things before making the substantial investment that buying an apartment usually involves. You did hire a lawyer right ?

Can a super do this work if he is uninsured ? First of all, work for whom -- for a tenant shareholder or for the coop corporation itself ? Also, do you know that he is uninsured ? If he's an employee of the coop he almost certainly has workman's compensation and is licensed as a super. Some supers have even additional training from their union or through vocational school (though of course he should not attempt anything he isn't licensed in, like rewiring the building).

I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh, but you really need to "do your homework" before buying or renting an apartment.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name