Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Play by

Posted by Dawn on November 13, 2000 at 12:46:48:

In Reply to: Play by posted by SRO Eagle on November 11, 2000 at 08:09:55:

:
: There is a documented history here of MULTIPLE VIOLATIONS, including more than a few with the Fire Department, HPD, DOB, ECB and other City Agencies...
: There's "A Paper Trail" right there! ...and they're not doing their jobs!

Hence what I said about red tape. It's everywhere. Now, do you give up? I wouldn't. But it's up to you...

: Whatever happened to the high-minded law professional ideal of "PRO-BONO"?

there may be one or two still left in the city that will be able to give you free legal advice. Check the yellow pages. Good luck.

: You mean to tell me that lawyers are just out for the bucks?

Um, yes. I work for lawyers. Are you trying to be funny?

: Are you telling me that if you want to play, you gotta pay?

I'm telling you that there are rules set up and if you want anything done in your building, you have to go through the motions. You have to know your rights and THE FACTS and GATHER THEM in order to argue your case fairly. You have to go through the proper channels to show that you're a civilized, clear thinking individual. That may mean going to court. I did mention you could band the other tenants together and fight this. I also mentioned going to the media, as a last resort. As with anything worth fighting for in life, it will take energy, determination, smarts and perseverance and doing the "legal route." Meaning a proper paper trail, and calming down in order to think logically and make sense. If you come across as a raving lunatic, don't expect people to treat you like a human being -- they will just ignore you or run away, and you don't want that. You want your problems fixed, right? Well, ya gotta play by the rules. I said NOTHING about money, Eagle. That's what I mean about playing the game.

I know you're frustrated and upset but taking it out on fellow posters here is NOT going to help your cause any. In case you haven't noticed. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name