Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

An MCI is ridiculous...

Posted by Will on November 13, 2000 at 00:01:32:

In Reply to: Facts and Logic vs. Attacks and Censorship posted by Ken on November 12, 2000 at 23:20:31:

The bottom line:

Unless the lease explicitely states otherwise the tenant can put down whatever temporary floor covering they chose. Most standard leases have an 80% rug rule so an area rug would be required in addition this flooring if thats the case...

A capital improvement aka MCI may become as much as a 6% increase in the rent for at least a year or more....to me thats anti all tenants living in the building...oh yes thats the other point. A capital improvment must benefit all tenants in the building not just one. In the case of a single tenant it an 1/40 rule improvement...again in the long run very costly.

Will

: Tenant Net apparently considers it "anti-tenant" to offer a tenant any advice other than what it would say. This (ideally should be) a forum for tenants to get and receive advice and answers, not a Tenant Net Cheerleading Squad.

: The "advice" Tenant Net proffered is ridiculous -- very anti tenant. Tenant Net proposes that the tenant should buy a new floor with his own founds, then pick up the floor and presumably take it elsewhere. Do you want to carry a FLOOR with you when you move to a new apartment ? I sure don't, any reasonable tenant doesn't. This is why I advised that the tenant request a capital improvement and let this be the landlord's expense and responsbility.

: Indeed, DHCR is a state agency -- Tenant Net knows the buracracy better than I do. Considering the almost religious zeal in which Tenant Net praises regulations and government agencies, I would not be surprised to learn that the person behind Tenant Net is a wanna-be bureacrat who couldn't pass the civil service exam.

: The fact that Tenant Net saw fit to censor a post offering good advice, while leaving up attacking posts by such users as Eagle, shows us that there is an agenda at work here that has nothing to do with a tenant's best interests.

: If this sort behavior on the part of Tenant Net continues, I will be forced to stop posting here, and tenants will go elsewhere for advice and answers.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name