Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

time to get tough asap !!

Posted by the president on November 12, 2000 at 14:21:42:

In Reply to: changed locks, let landlord have access thru 1 door only? posted by mc on November 10, 2000 at 20:20:46:

you have caught the landlord in your apt several times and there wasn't any reason for her to be there except to look through your things as you describe.

I would tell her and her lawyer via certified mail that you do not want her in your home without 24 hrs notice EXCEPT in an emergency that has to be PROVEN that there was an emergency. Put your keys in a sealed envelope and sign your name on all the edges and seal it with tape. Tell her and the lawyer that you want to be able to see the envelope and to see if it was opened when you request to see it. If they do not agree to that, then I would not give her the keys to any door. If the envelope is opened and there was no emergency, then I would change the locks and let them take you to court and tell the judge what is going on.I would also put chains on all the doors and have them secure when you are home. Please read my other posts regarding this matter in the archive of october

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name