Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: no heat--landlord gets hpd violation

Posted by dsc on November 10, 2000 at 18:57:16:

In Reply to: Call housing & development!! Get thee an inspector! posted by Dawn on November 09, 2000 at 12:16:14:

i had an hpd inspection wednesday and the inspector said he would issue my landlord a violation.

dsc

: If you have sent the landlord (via certified or fedex for signature of receipt) a short, polite detailed note about the boiler and asked him to respond and he hasn't within 10 days, then you can call the Housing and Development in your area and get an inspector to make a surprise visit to the place.

: Also, from what I understand, if you call the Heating Complaint bureau, they are supposed to send someone over to see for themselves the temperature of your apartment as opposed to outside. You should start also keeping a record of indoor outdoor temps several times throughout the day and night, and what time the heat if ever, goes on, and what time it shuts off. I believe there's some sort of chart here on tenant.net that lists the standard temps.

: Always keep a copy of all your correspondence in a safety deposit box in a bank, along with a copy of your lease. It's also a good idea to check your lease for anything unusual -- and just to refresh your memory of what your responsibilities are as well as the landlords. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name