Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

management stole property

Posted by jan on November 09, 2000 at 22:32:48:

in dallas.tx.my daughter was paid up until the end of oct/00. she was slowly getting all her stuff moved out on the weekends. the last weekend before the end of oct. she arrived and everything she had left there was gone! all her 2 kids winter clothes, all pictures on the wall and personal photos. my son stayed with her and everything he owned, except what he was wearing is gone, all sheets/pillow cases,antique tables etc... the apartment had been throughly cleaned out even the fridge had been cleaned!
she took pictures and called the manager. the manager claimes that no one at their complex had been inside. to call the police. there was no forced entry and the entire apartment was spotless. have contacted the police -they are investigating, called tenant association, they had her mail a certified letter giving them a chance to make things right, but they refuse to take responsibility. has anyone else out there had this experience? any advice? we have contacted a few laywers, but being a single mother of 2 she has no money up-front. which is what all are requiring. is there no help? my daughter is devistated. she worked hard for all of her things. it is not the material things as much as the family photos, school/daycare pictures/ wedding etc.... please write me if you have ANY ideas. Thanks Jan

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name