Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent stablization/Mole

Posted by Terrie Collymore on November 08, 2000 at 15:26:07:

I live in a landmark, rent stablized building in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I just found out that some of the 9 apartments are rent controlled. (I also have a lease) How do find out if mine is one of the controlled units?

I just discovered black mole in some of my closets and on my bedroom wall. When I voiced my concerns to my super that this may be dangerous to my health, he responed with the lame advice to: 1. leave my closets open to air and 2.move the bedroom furniture away from the contaminated wall. Neither solution has worked and I'm still plagued with the mole. Can I call in a city inpsector to have a look and tell me for certain if this is mole is dangerous and can the city make my landlord take corrective action?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name