Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

co-tenant dispute

Posted by L. Price on November 08, 2000 at 14:20:47:

I am a co-tenant in a rent stabalized apt. in NYC. My co-tenant (whom I'll call "Jerk") has not lived in the apt. for over three years, but was on the lease before me (I was added two years ago). Actually, Jerk's sister was the original tenant, but she is no longer on the lease. Now Jerk wants to illegally sublet the apt. for more than 10% over the rent (which I have solely been paying for three years) so she can make a profit and kick me out in the process. I understand she must have my approval as co-tenant to sublet, which she will NEVER get, however, what remedies do you suggest to chill her out? I do NOT want Jerk contacting the landlord as I believe he would lick his lips at any chance to get BOTH of us off the lease and re-lease the apt for $2,500 a month(which is what the apt. is renting for these days). In a perfect world, Jerk would get a life and leave me alone, but short of that, any suggestions? I would love to get HER name off the lease!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name