Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

no heat!! mark smith, please help

Posted by dsc on November 08, 2000 at 08:44:45:

my apartment building has not had any heat for two days. my super says that the boiler is working fine and the thermostat is okay, but no one has heat (we have hot water). on a subsequent visit to check out the boiler our super said it needed a manual switch, but he can't put one in unless the landlord approves it. according to the super, that's not going to happen. other people in my building have called to complain, but the landlord refuses to do anything.

i have called my landlord, left messages with my community board and city council person, and i've called the nyc heat line and filed complaints, but in the meantime i sit in front of my oven trying to stay warm. i have very bad asthma (i've been hospitalized a couple of times), i have since caught a cold because of the lack of heat and i am housebound because of recent surgery.

does anyone have any useful and constructive suggestions on how i can get heat in my apartment. by the way, i live in a rent stabilized apartment in manhattan.

thanks,
dsc

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name