Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

another apt on our con-ed meter

Posted by lori on November 05, 2000 at 14:37:45:

we live in a mo to month lease apt. Our con-ed bill has been estimated most of the two years we've been here be cause the meter is located in the studio downstairs in our two family bldg and acess is often difficult. The lastest adjustment was a whopper so I called con-ed . (We've just had a blown fuse, and when the lights came on spontaneously after the arrival of our neighbor we decided to investigate the coincidence.) It turns out , there is only two meters for the entire bldg; one for the 1 bdrm downstairs, and 1 for our upstairs 2 bdrm! No account or meter for either the studio(ex-garage) or the hallways and boileroom! With the assistance of the studio tenant(who was told the HIS rent INCLUDES con-ed) we found that our meter controls upstairs, studio, and hallways, & utilities rooms. The account has beenin our name since 2/00 and before thatwas in our ex-roommate's. Ihave the con-ed statement since 2/00. What should safely be done in light of these facts, as well as the fact he just raised our rent by $100 and we've done loads of interior and exterior improvements. Curently we enjoy excellent lanlord/tenant relations--no problems; but now I can see we've been taken for a ride. I need advice urgently, as rent is due and Iwant to recover my owed funds and stop any future charges, and continue tolive in my great apartment. thankyou in advance

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name