Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

What does your lease say ?

Posted by Ken on November 01, 2000 at 19:33:44:

In Reply to: Landlord did not fulfill his part of the agreement prior to move in date... can I end the lease and receive my deposit back? posted by Jay on October 31, 2000 at 23:58:03:

What does the lease you signed say ?

Did you get the landlord to put down in writing the painting he said he would undertake ?

The general advice here is to always read your lease. If there is something in the lease or in the apartment that you don't like, do not sign the lease and do not pay any deposit or accept the apartment. In your case it sounds like you've already accepted the apartment legally. Your only option is to ask to be released from the lease and see if he will cut you a deal. He's not obligated to do so.

: I am suppose to move into a 2 family home on Friday. I just received the keys yesterday and visited the apartment to view the progress. I was surprised to find nothing had been started. Upon excepting the apartment I was told the carpets would be cleaned and the walls would be painted. Neither had been done!!! I now have a bad taste in my mouth with my future landlord and DO NOT WANT TO MOVE INNTO HIS PROPERTY. I never received a Condition Report stating he would take care of the carpets and painting! Am I stuck? Do I have to move into the apartment or lose my deposit? Would some one let me know as soon as possible.

: Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name