Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Heat Problem

Posted by Ken on October 31, 2000 at 18:36:42:

In Reply to: Re: Heat Problem posted by Ann on October 31, 2000 at 16:00:36:

Dawn's advice is good. If the problem has not been resolved sending a polite letter requesting specific action via certified mail would be the next obvious step.

Retaliation is not permitted in most multiple dwellings. Of course either you or him can decide simply to not renew your lease when it is up.

Realize that some service calls (for repair of heat, or plumbing) do require follow up in order to get the problem solved. Do you see signs that the problem is being resolved? Consider what you see and what you feel (hopefully heat !), and proceed from there.

: I just spoke to the DCHP and was told that my building is not rent stabilized. Does this mean that if I lodge a complaint he can retaliate because the building is privately owned? In this case he could throw me out of the apartment after the term of the lease expires, right? Considering how threatening he has been I am afraid to send him a letter of complaint if there is no legal authority backing me up.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name