Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Legal Facts vs. Flames and Hysterics

Posted by Ken on October 31, 2000 at 18:15:54:

In Reply to: If the landlord is a SNOOP then CHANGE the locks NOW ASAP !! posted by the president on October 31, 2000 at 11:47:56:

It is interesting that someone on this board would choose to hurl insults and make hysterical comments when a tenant needs help. I think my post quite clearly explains the legalities of adding an additional lock versus replacing the landlord's lock. I included citations to one case as well as to state law. If the person posting has further concerns, he can look them up himself and then take the time to share any well-researched findings here. The case in question was from a law journal that I read and noted at that time; I don't know if it is online or not. If someone here knows an easy place to look up court cases online please let us know.

I have explained the law; what the tenant does is up to her. In this case as in all, there is more than one course of action she could try.

I should also add that the issue of the landlady entering into the apartment is a seperate legal issue entirely. If the tenant wishes to pursue this, she has several legal or non legal remedies (breach of contract, trespassing, etc.) that she could pursue. Whatever she decides, it is important that she knows the legal facts about changing and replacing locks, and that is what I provided.

Lastly, the poster should also take time to proofread and articulate clearly his own words before posting here. Would help if he provided some backing to his own statements as well.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name