Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Ken.. How does 55 degrees inside sound to you 10pm to 6 am ?

Posted by the president on October 24, 2000 at 23:37:26:

In Reply to: Heat posted by Dot on October 23, 2000 at 19:24:07:

would you care to comment on that one Ken ?? How would you like to have your apt temp at 55 degrees from 10 pm to 6 am ?? That is the LEGAL limit that a slumlord is able to keep you at if the temp outside is 40 or below. HOWEVER, at 41 degrees outside, the slumlord, with the city's heat laws blessings, does not have to provide ANY heat at all which means your inside temp could go below 55.

Get real man !!! Don't take the landlords side when it comes to heat and hot water. There are many landlords that provide heat when the temp drops below 55 for the day and the night and then there are the slumlords who rely on the torture like laws that exist. Ken, be smart, stay far away from my boiler. I like heat when it's below 55 day and night and would not live any other way and I don't but I feel for the people who have to live under those horrible conditions of 55 degrees inside temp as being the law. What the people need to do is to have massive rent strikes and to refuse to pay ANY rent until the landlord gives you heat above the 55 inside limits. People are not worms as most landlords think they are.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name