Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord Pet Harassment

Posted by Penny on October 19, 2000 at 12:08:43:

In Reply to: Landlord Pet Harassment posted by grossed out tenant on October 18, 2000 at 19:53:05:

The subject line of this post is so interesting. When I read it, I couldn't figure out who was harrassing whom. But when I read the rest of the post, it turned out that the tenant is indeed harrassing the landlord's pet!

: My landlord lives in the building on the top floor. A few months ago, he brought A LIZZARD (I think its the type known as an "iguana") into his apartment to keep as a pet. I am scared stiff of these animals. I can't understand why someone would keep such a weird animal as a pet. I don't have any problems with normal pets like dogs or cats. But this is ridiculous.

And what is this to you? Your opinion is that an iguana is a ridiculous pet. Okay, you're entitled to an opinion. FYI, there are plenty of people who can't stand "normal" pets like cats and dogs.

: The other weekend, the landlord walked around outside the building with the lizzard on his shoulder. There is no way I'm going out of my apartment while someone is roaming the halls with a reptile on his shoulder !

Then don't.

:I feel that his walking around with a lizzard is tantamount to harrassment.

Did the landlord conduct a survey about his tenants' feelings about iguanas before he got one? If he did, and the concensus was that nobody wanted an iguana around, then what he's doing is harrassment. Otherwise, he only got a pet, and that does not require your approval.

:Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this situation.

Yeah. Get a life.

:What city agency regulates this sort of activity ? Is there any way I can REQUIRE that he get rid of this beast ?

Continue carrying on over this iguana like an irrational lunatic and the State Department of Mental Health will be happy to find new accomodations for you.

And for what it's worth, "lizard" has one "z."

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name