Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: contractor stole money

Posted by bmk on October 18, 2000 at 14:06:54:

In Reply to: Re: contractor stole money posted by Melissa on October 18, 2000 at 12:13:53:

Thanks for your suggestion, but Mark Smith is right. My deductible for insurance is $250, so that will not help in getting my money back. I'm still at a loss as to how to deal with the rental company.

: Contact your renters insurance and make a claim.

: : I live in a townhouse in the Virginia suburbs of DC. Have been there since July with 2 other roommates. We are under a lease which is up 5/31/2001. The owners of the townhouse are overseas, is managed by a local realty company.

: : A week ago, a contractor was given a key to the townhouse by the rental company without our knowing. I had $90 sitting out on the counter in my bathroom. When I came home that day, it was gone. I live in the basement which is where the work was being done. The contractor took the money and is now denying it.

: : I am receiving no cooperation from the rental company in returning this money. I also don't want that contractor back in my townhouse. The rental company broke the lease by allowing someone in there without giving notice. (I would not have left money sitting out had I known someone was going in there!!)

: : What are my chances of getting my money back? I've already contacted the Better Business Bureau. Any other suggestions?
: : Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name