Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sad to see what is happening here with Tenant Net

Posted by TenantNet on October 16, 2000 at 21:36:59:

In Reply to: Sad to see what is happening here with Tenant Net posted by Jona on October 16, 2000 at 20:34:41:

Looks like you're reacting to something that really didn't happen. Have we (yes the usage is correct as "we" are more than one--but royalty is OK with us, thank you) removed your message? Did we remove Kerry's message? Are you upset (as apparently Kerry is) that we made a factual correction -- or as some might see it -- a clarification of semantics? Nuances don't always translate in the written word. Yes, we do occasionally remove posts, and we say so in our guidelines that we will do so, but when it happens, it's usually not because we disagree with a post. If you've ever seen an unmoderated forum, you've seen something out-of-control. (we could dig up the usenet posts during the 1997 rent wars if you want to see something out-of-control where expletives were being tossed around). We try to keep this forum on track. There's a good bit of leeway, but occasionally we act. Neither Kerry or Ken were censored. Even though there's a difference of opinion (or misunderstanding), neither crossed the line. And you'll see occasional postings by landlords, as long as it isn't a troll. If you can't handle that, then we're sorry, but we feel we maintain a good level of discourse on the forum. Oh, and by the way, in some ways this is supposed to be a "whiners" forum.

: I've been a "lurker" on this board for a while. I feel compelled to write now, because I may not be reading this forum again.

: I read with dissapointment the exchange between Tenant Net and Kerry. I've always appreciated Kerry's posts, they are frequently on the mark. Kerry has said that he works as a plumber, if I recall correctly, and in several posts he has shared his expertise in this area.

: Tenant Net (whomever you are, you always refer to yourself with the 'royal' We), you have stated that you value diversity on this board and seek to allow various viewpoints. If you are serious about that, then you should allow a lively exchange of differing viewpoints. There will always be someone who does not like a certain post, they can always post their own opinion. If you insist on censoring people you object to or responding with derision to those you disagree with then Tenant Net is in danger of becoming a "whiners forum".

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name