Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: kitchen use

Posted by Will on October 16, 2000 at 11:36:30:

In Reply to: kitchen use posted by Mary on October 16, 2000 at 02:57:28:

Yes the water is the same but jeez do you really need the room that badly? Sounds like the person you are renting from is a real pain in the butt and greedy too...does she charge per flush?

Will

: I agreed to sublet a room in an apartment in Manhattan where there is a prohibition on kitchen use. That is to say, the main Tenant, from whom I am subletting, "needs her space". Since I was desperate for a place to live at the time I moved in, I agreed to abide by this rule.

: I am wondering about the legality of the arrangement, generally. Specifically, I want to find out about WATER: I was under the impression that tap water from the kitchen is processed according to different standards than tap water in the bathroom. (I have found that it tastes very different, at least.) I made a formal request for kitchen water from my landlady and she graciously denied it. She assured me that there is no difference in quality of water, whether it comes from the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink or the shower.

: DOES ANYONE HAVE FACTUAL INFORMATION or resource information ABOUT EITHER OF THESE ISSUES?

: Thank you for the help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name