Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

yes change the locks

Posted by Will on October 16, 2000 at 11:33:32:

In Reply to: landlord entry posted by GB on October 16, 2000 at 01:03:02:

By law she can ask for a copy..but since you'll be out soon, tell her she'll get a copy only if see gives you at least 12 hour notice of a showing. By law I think its 24 hours.....so the reality is you'd still be cutting her a little break. No verbal agreement no keys....

Will

: i am renting a house behind my landlord's house in clarence, new york, which is a suburb town just outside buffalo. the house used to be a garage, but was converted 6 years ago.

: there is no lease, we pay monthly, on time. the 1st each month

: we have had numerous noise issues with our landlord - she being the offender.
: it has been difficult living behind her as she does many inconsiderate things, and we feel that she is an untrustworthy person.

: we recently purchased a home, and gave her written notice 9/15, that we would be vacating the house 11/15.
: for the above mentioned reasons, we are concerned that we may not get our security deposit back, so we informed her that we would use our security deposit as rent from 10/01 - 11/15. she verbally accepted.

: the current problem is that she is not giving us adequate notice when showing the apartment, and has entered without notifying us and in our absence. we are very concerned.
: when questioned about her actions, she feels she has the right to enter anytime with or without notice to us, as she states we did not pay her rent despite her agreeing to using our security deposit as rent.

: what are our options?
: is it legal for me to change the locks.
: we will be living here for another month, and have concerns over her being in here without notice or permission.
: we also have 2 dogs.

: any help would be greatly appreciated

: thank you,
: gb

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name