Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

wrong

Posted by Ken on October 14, 2000 at 00:21:26:

In Reply to: Re: oh please posted by TenantNet on October 13, 2000 at 19:44:16:

Tenant Net, you need to re-read this string and clarify your statements. Only rent-regulated apartments are registered in NYC; free market ones aren't. I know you like to advocate on behalf of privledged rent regulated tenants, but you should recognize that the apartments most typically available to the newest and poorest New Yorkers aren't regulated at all. They're free market apartments, even illegal apartments.

I also find it surprising that you and Chelsea would respond to someone who basically seeks to have another tenant removed and take over her below-market rent apartment. If anyone should be called "greedy" here, it is the questioner. Rent regulation often brings out the worst in people as they seek to gain cheap apartments through personal and political connections, or by underhanded moves.

This much said, I am not going to respond to further posts in this thread. I think each person's response (including mine) speaks for itself.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name