Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Let my girlfriend send mail to my apartment

Posted by Mark Smith on October 03, 2000 at 11:56:45:

In Reply to: Let my girlfriend send mail to my apartment posted by Vickia on October 03, 2000 at 10:03:59:

Your girlfriend even has the right to move into your apartment, under the roommate law. And how does the landlord know whose mail is coming to your apartment? Do you have your own mailbox? If you do, you might want to complain to the Postal Inspectors about your landlord.

In an unregulated apartment, you don't have a right to renew your lease, so if you and your landlord don't get along, you may have to move.

:
: I live in a non-controlled-non stablized apartment in a two family house, I have allowed my girlfriend to have her mail sent to me at my apartment. The landlord has said that I'm am the one renting and that I am not allowed to let my friends send mail to this address, my landlord lives here too, and has asked that I have my friend fill out a change of address form. Can she make me do this, what rights do I have, what could she be liable for???

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name