Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: DANGEROUS BUILDING

Posted by Mark Smith on October 02, 2000 at 19:21:02:

In Reply to: DANGEROUS BUILDING posted by MOLLY on October 02, 2000 at 18:34:00:

If the crimes in the building are attributable to the residents of the building, such as drug dealing, the District Attorney should put pressure on the landlord to evict the tenants who are responsible for the crimes.

The other tenants in the building could also bring an eviction proceeding against those tenants, but that could put the tenants bringing the court proceeding at risk.

The tenants should contact the District Attorney's office to see if they have notified the landlord of arrests or convictions of residents of the building, and ask the D.A. to pressure the landlord to evict those tenants.

:
: I JUST FOUND OUT MY BUILDING IS ONE OF THE WORST IN IT'S PRECINCT FOR CRIME. I WAS ADVISED BY POLICE TO MOVE OUT. WHAT CAN MY LANDLORD HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR??? MY LEASE SHOULD BE UNTIL AUG.1. THERE IS NO WAY I CAN STAY THERE AND FEEL SAFE.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name