Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: court date DO NOT MISS IT OR ELSE

Posted by richard on September 28, 2000 at 23:40:23:

In Reply to: court date posted by samantha on September 28, 2000 at 22:45:23:

If you miss it you are screwed thats what they are looking for any reason to evict you pronto, like maybe a 10 day notice to cure the illegal sublet... and NOT even give you the three months..

Trust me they tried that on me once,

: I am a subtenant named on two separate petitions for eviction. They are basically the same with minor differences. One focuses on primary tenancy and the other on illegal sublet. I showed up for the first hearing and it was adjourned by the landlord because they are trying to cut a deal with the primary tenant--they will withdraw the petition and give me three months to get out--this works best for her. The second hearing is scheduled for tomorrow, this one deals with the illegal sublet. I was named on both, however, the lawyer for the landlord has informed me that they will ask for an adjournment on this as well and I do not need to appear. Do I need to make an appearance to sign off on this? Can they ask for a judgement since neither the primary tenant or myself will be present? The primary tenant's lawyer has contacted the lawyer for the landlord and has given up all claims on the apartment.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name