Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: FOUND COPY OF THE ORIGINAL LEASE!

Posted by Dawn on September 25, 2000 at 12:20:13:

In Reply to: Re: FOUND COPY OF THE ORIGINAL LEASE! posted by Kerry on September 22, 2000 at 08:18:01:

: What do you mean, just because he wants the place? Is he applying to take the apartment as owner occuppied? I also don't understand your subject line (Found copy of original lease) I would hope you would have your original lease in a safe place, or you the primary tenant on the lease or are you a sub-lease? There has to be a reason for not renewing the lease. Can you give us more information?
: Kerry

The exiting landlord informed me in passing that the new landlord was wanting my apartment, then added that the apartment was the "only one" that hadn't been renovated in a while. Going out of his way to impress upon me (or scare me into not speaking up and exercising my rights to a livable apartment) that the new landlord wanted to take the apartment. I merely calmly and almost nonchalantly responded to the exiting landlord that I dealt with the landlord before him, and him, and I will deal with the new landlord when the time comes.

The subject line appears the way it did because of a previous entry i made a couple of days before about misplacing my lease (seven years in the same place, acquiring stuff in the process tends to misplace things). I was worried about asking the landlord because the copy he gave me was NOT the right one (long story, read previous e-mails to catch up). I DID find the copy I was looking for and so I'm very relieved.

By the way, I am the sole tenant, not a sub-lease.

The new landlord has not made a peep about my place so until I have a repair or two to make (I can think of at least two!) we'll see what he deems as his right to take the apartment away from me.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name