Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

3-family house-eviction

Posted by Yafa on September 17, 2000 at 20:39:05:

Brooklyn, NY Attic Apt - No lease - 17 year tenant - Single

Yelled at landlady's sons (very dysfunctional family) & was given a 30 day eviction notice(July 24). Sons are 45 & 50 years old! Duh!! They have "run" away from speaking to me since, &/or "hidden" behind mamma's skirt! I was given to end of Oct. Problem is that I'm in the process of filing for disability. I have to move as I can't take the stairs anymore. Spoke with her today to call a truce & tell her I will move as soon as I get disability check. (Will be moving to Fla where my elderly mom lives.) But that could be 6 months or so! I will be running out of money soon & will have to apply for welfare. Do you think I will get a "time" extension in order to wait for my disability trial? Can she raise my rent in the meantime?Also, "we" never discussed the 1 month security. Where do I stand as far as "interest"??

Most Landlord/Tenant info guidelines I've found are for more than a 3-family house. Does anyone know where I can find tenant rights for a 3-family house?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name