Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: call DOB

Posted by chelsea on September 15, 2000 at 14:26:45:

In Reply to: Re: call DOB posted by kristin on September 15, 2000 at 12:42:26:

Sounds as if you really need to check out the certificate of occupancy. First, to make a case for substantial rehabilitation, the landlord needs to show the certificate of occupancy before and after the construction work. If he didn't get one to show the work, this should have been presented to DHCR as an important part of your case. (If he didn't, and it wasn't presented, you should try to get it admitted now. And ask your lawyer why it wasn't before. Perhaps think about hiring a new lawyer, depending on the response.) Second, even if he did get a proper c of 0 for any post-fire work, I think he would need one for a new door, particularly one allowing access to nightclub patrons.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name