Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

court postponed.....

Posted by artie on September 15, 2000 at 12:42:24:

i live in a rent stabilized building in NY. Originally my landlord had taken me to court for back rent, which I has a long story behing it. When we went to court a second time, the judge assessed stipulations for the landlord to have repairs completed by a certain date. That was back in July that the repairs were to be done. I kept my part of the bargian and paid the rent for july, but when August came and the repairs were not complete I held the rent. I then went to the court and put in a Order to Show cause against the landlord. That court date has been postponed due to the judge being on vacation. Now we have a court date later this month and the repairs are still not done. If the repairs are still incomplete when we go back to court is there any chance that I will be penalized for withholding the rent. The landlord has told me that he hasnt done the repairs because he was waiting for me to pay him rent, but that isnt going to happen. I feel that if he has the money to OWn a building he should damn well have enough to do repairs as necessary. A building inspector has been to the building since, but how will I gain access to what the inspector saw. More problems have risen since I first went to court with a repair to-do-list. When I go to court can I bring up these additional repairs. (such as my upstairs shower leaking into the vetibule of the building). Can someone give any insight???

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name