Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Please read my letter again-and then read yours!

Posted by Ed Jones on September 15, 2000 at 09:46:06:

In Reply to: Did you ever play ball when you were a kid ? posted by Ken on September 14, 2000 at 22:54:55:

Ken,
We have a playground less than one block from the courtyard. As I have already stated, the children are in danger of injuring themselves and others. I have already spoken to the parents of the children; they could care less. I have not started as you say a letter writing campaign, I have simply informed the landlord of a need for his awareness of a dangerous situation. I have stated in my letter that I will speak with anyone who displays a problem-solving attitude (different from the attitude you express herein). I have even stated my reluctance to file a formal complaint. Ken, how would you feel if your elderly parents lived in this house and one of them was seriously injured while attempting to access their apartment? Finally, I was born and raised in the city of New York. I have seen many of my young friends needlessly injured because of wanton disregard for their safety. Ken, open your mind a little, look at both sides, try looking at this from the eyes of an adult, not those of a child. While we obviously disagree on the contents of my letter, I nevertheless appreciate your input; it helps me to better understand the mentality of those mindless quarter-wits I am up against. Thank you for the assistance!
Ed

: Do you remember when you were a kid ? Did you ever play ball or run around ?

: Most kids I see in my neighborhood play wherever they can. If they get to loud or inappropriate, adults might tell them to stop, move it to the park, or whatever. But in my neighborhood we don't start letter-writing campaigns or file lawsuits to stop kids from playing ball. What's next, do you want the landlord call the police and have all the kids arrested ? Or maybe petition city hall to promulgate a law banning all children from apartment buildings ?

: Kids will always play ball, whether you like it or not, so you're not going to get anywhere. Instead, why not go out to your courtyard one Saturday ... teach the kids a game you played when you were a kid. Or get to know the kids' parents maybe. But don't be an ogre. Or, if you already are, then move to a penthouse apartment somewhere high above it all ... or maybe to a retirement community in Florida.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name