Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Do we have to pay for a new fridge?

Posted by TenantNet on September 15, 2000 at 01:01:21:

In Reply to: Re: Do we have to pay for a new fridge? posted by Kerry on September 14, 2000 at 22:02:22:

Mark Smith and de Prez are correct. Kerry is incorrect.

: Yes, it is considered a Capital Improvement and he has the right to increase the rent. You will get something from DHCR detailing the increase. Showing how much the Fridge cost and how they came to the increase.

: It isn't that much money and I am sure you will be glad to get a new fridge. Ask the landlord if he would try and put a frost free fridge in, they are a lot easier (No Defrosting) and they last longer, he would benefit.

:
: I would say for anyone who cares, if you have a fridge that has to be defrosted every once and a while, never, never chip away at the ice with a knife or sharp implement. It can penetrate the lining and release freon into the air, it is unrepairable and considered an enviromental hazard. I am sure the landlord would have the right to charge you for the replacement of the fridge. Be careful.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name