Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can this be true

Posted by kristin on September 14, 2000 at 10:49:42:

In Reply to: Re: How long to get evicted posted by James Shoo on September 13, 2000 at 22:03:32:

Eviction shows up on credit reports? I'm in Manhattan and my landlord's trying to evict my whole building (pending a judgement by DHCR as to whether our building is stabilized). We have been on rent strike for 6 months (since he first took us to court with a holdover proceeding and the judge threw it out). And what about this paying double the old rent? I've never heard of this. What state are you from?
Also, has anyone out there been evicted after a rent strike and not had to pay back rent? i assume the judge has everything to do with this. I have the money and will pay it if i have to but these people do not deserve it.
thanks.

: Are you sure you want to be evicted? Eviction not only shows up on credit reports, but in some states the hold over tenant is legally obligated to pay double the old rent, plus the landlord's court costs. If the landlord plays his cards right you would be out in less than a month.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name