Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Harassment and inconvenience by neighbor

Posted by the president on September 12, 2000 at 22:14:31:

In Reply to: Harassment and inconvenience by neighbor posted by Vivian on September 12, 2000 at 17:51:55:

I would send a certified letter with a return receipt to the landlord and explain the whole story.... I would take pictures of the water in front of your door and lay a Newsday newspaper to be in the picture.. The front page will give a date stamp to it....

I would also send the tenant, who is at fault, a copy of the letter you sent to management. I would ex plain to the landlord that you cannot live like this and that you will hold rent until they stop the tenant from what she is doing or let them take you to court and show the Judge the letter and pictures and you can ask the court to order the tenant into court where you can cross examine her on the stand.... I would also get a tape recorder to record her violent outbursts and let the Judge hear the tape..... The WORST thing that a Judge would do is tell you to pay the FULL rent. A humane and normal Judge will order a rent abatement,.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name