Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

The Landlord Lied About Apartment!

Posted by BoB Hope on September 11, 2000 at 16:06:12:

I just moved into an Apartment in Redmond Washington. When I was being shown the apartment I specifically asked what was separating the Lower and upper level and was told Concrete. I found last night that this may not be true. I want out of the Apartment. I can hear EVERY step the person above me takes at 12:30am. I want to know if that is a violation in some way. I have a 6 month lease that was signed on the 2nd of this month. I also have an option in the contract to pay an additional fee to void the contract. But I do not want to pay that money.

Also What are the rules for repairs. I let the Landlord of this complex know about some repairs that needed to be made. IE the Screen door was broke, some damage was on the walls, stains on the floors, Along with a few other thing. They came that day and fixed "the little" things, and left a note saying they would return 2 days later with my screen door (which they took) and some paint to fix the walls. Now 9 days later I have yet to see them.

Am I required to remind them? Or on the 10th day is that a violation of the Washington 10 day repair law thing? So I can move out without paying EXTRA fees. 910.00 per month for a one bedroom with NO view is what I pay now.

Thanks
Mike

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name