Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord removed locks from front doors!

Posted by TenantNet on September 08, 2000 at 13:30:13:

In Reply to: landlord removed locks from front doors! posted by kristin on September 08, 2000 at 12:00:40:

This is an illegal eviction (see the info on the web site). Get the name and number of that cop - as well as the name of her precinct commander and make a huge fuss downtown. Cops do this all the time and pretend not to know. This is a criiminal offense.

: i'm currently involved in a rent overcharge complaint with my landlord. that's still pending. he's tried to evict us and when that didn't work and the court wouldn't call off our rent strike he's been trying to get us out by either blasting us with music from the bar downstairs, or by letting the place fall apart. a week ago the lock on our inner front door broke. instead of fixing it, he removed the lock. two days ago, he took the good outer front door and switched the left door for right and right for left, leaving that lock unable to work. then her removed the inner front door. last night we only had the outer door and it kept swinging open. not only did it not lock, it didn't even shut! is this illegal? i asked a cop and she didn't know. what can i do? i'm in manhattan.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name