Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

my final reply to all rational people !!

Posted by just right all the time on September 06, 2000 at 22:56:47:

In Reply to: filthy crazy neighbor posted by Michelle on September 05, 2000 at 16:10:08:

If you check your lease you will notice that your landlord has the right to enter your apt and inspect it with a reasonable notice. It is used for cases like these, whereby a tenant is stockpiling foul smelling garbage and causing a problem with vermin (roaches). The landlord has a responsibility to eradicate roaches and to prevent their breeding by a stockpiling of garbage.

I am not saying that a landlord should enter your apt and move your furniture around or take a nap in your bed, that is absurd. What I am saying is that a landlord has a legal duty to enforce the rules of the lease and to clean the garbage out of the apt,,,, If the woman has made a couch, table, chairs and a bed out of foul smelling garbage...then the landlord has a right not only to move those items around but to THROW THEM OUT.

I feel that normal and rational people will understand what I am saying and that weak,irrational, and frightened people will feel that the landlord has no right to enter the apt and to see the situation and if need be to remove the garbage. It is a health and safety issue..... I have said all I will say on this matter especially since the original poster has remained silent on it...... perhaps she has passed out from the odors...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name