Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Building Violations

Posted by Will on September 06, 2000 at 15:57:00:

In Reply to: Building Violations posted by John Wombacher on September 06, 2000 at 13:41:28:

Are you on record as having filed the complaints?...is this in writing somewhere? If so you can fight the eviction by claiming its retalitory. This depends on the state but usually if a landlord evicts with 3 months to a year of a an official complaint by a the tenant the courts will consider it retalitory and null and void it....

look up retalitory eviction.... (excuse my spelling).

If you are clean and have a well kept apartment let the inspector in. If not clean up..the landlord may be hanging himself.

Will

: My landlord is demanding that a city inspector be allowed into my apartment to inspect for alleged violations of an unknown nature. This is in retaliation for my reporting a few of his many building code violations. He says that I must allow an inspector to come into my apartment within two weeks, also he is giving me 30 days notice to move out. I believe I have rent stabilization. What shoudl I do???

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name