Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: filthy crazy neighbor (critical opinion)

Posted by Pil Shore on September 06, 2000 at 13:10:33:

In Reply to: filthy crazy neighbor posted by Michelle on September 05, 2000 at 16:10:08:

My landlord has told me that he got letters from tenants complaining about a foul smell. And of course myself just coming from a sub-tenant, to a tenant, and having my own lease for what was really just a hotel for the landlord makes him upset. In fact the front door to the building was broken for over a year, when I moved in. and the four times in the past 3 years the inspectors came here it was from my phone calls complaining about the violations. I have a psychological history or I did. And I will never see a shrink again.

I'm sort of offended that people would right letters about a person’s psychiatric history.

It's just a form of prejudice to label people as crazy.

The only odors that were coming from my apartment were cooking odors. However, the super of my building did all the same things got the tenants to write letters to the landlord. Before the super moved in I fought with the landlord and the city, to have the fire escape fixed, the front door to the entire building fixed I was told it was broken for 2 years before I even moved in.

As well as at least 20 violations in my own apartment.

I would not rely and getting help from the city or the landlord. The city cut all mental health programs back in the 60’s at Rockefellers blessing. Before, I was even born. There are no more outpatient programs. If you really want to change the problem become and advocate for the mental health community and get the funding for people that need to see a shrink. And vote democratic for people like Clinton. I am voting for Clinton she will be a great politician for NYS.

: there is a woman living in the apartment next to me who appears to be mentally ill. she is storing garbage in her apartment and throws trash in the hall. there is an overpowering odor coming from her apartment and it is causing a horrible roach problem which is getting worse. the super has complained to the building owner and all they did was write a letter, this was a few months ago. I have left a message with my landlord and also written a letter which doesn't seem to have done any good. The super has also asked the other people on the floor to complain, and I know that some of them have. It seems to me that the landlord must deal with the situation somehow. if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

: my apartment is in Brooklyn and is rent controlled.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name