Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

The "wrong" part was referring to the other reply.

Posted by MikeW on September 05, 2000 at 11:19:05:

In Reply to: Wrong posted by MikeW on September 05, 2000 at 11:17:46:

: If she has any paperwork showing that she lives there, you can't just throw her out. You need to go to housing court and get an eviction. Otherwise you will run afoul of the illegal lockout law.

: : This is a long story and I am not sure how to begin. My ex-girlfriend kept on living with me after we broke up because she had no place to go. The arguments and the fightings were unbarrable. She had promised that if I had put a down payment on an apartment for her in Florida, she will get her life back together and find a job. She hasn't. As matter of fact she continued to harrass me from Florida with non stop phone calls both at my job and at home. I told her to stay and live up to her part of the deal. She refused. She returned to NY. At first I did not allow her to return to the apartment because I could not live with her any longer. Over the weekends she returned with the NYPD who told me that as long as she had a phone bill for a phone that was not connected in months, that was ample proof that she still belongs in that apartment. Is there any way for me to get my life back without running away? Does she indeed have a legal claim to my apartment eventhough she has never paid for rent or shared in the home expenses?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name