Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Step lightly

Posted by Kerry on August 20, 2000 at 17:14:13:

In Reply to: Re: That is not how the law will work= yes it does Ed you moronic fool ! posted by frank on August 19, 2000 at 13:02:08:

Interesting.

It's all a matter of perspective. For instance it would have appeared that Frank was pragmatic and tenant friendly. But when the chips are down Frank becomes base and a dirty name caller, referring to people he has never even met as animals. I also believe recording people without thier knowledge requires some kind of a warrant. I believe Eds advice is more real world and how the situation would more likely play out.

I believe the best option is to diffuse the situation. I personally would send them something in the form of a house warming gift with a friendly letter. These situations only lend themselves to paranoid over reaction. The landlord is not a therapist. He would more then likely contact them and simply get the tenants even madder, and have fulfilled his obligation to try and resolve the situation. He is getting rent from both parties he is not going to aggressivly alienate one tenant by taking sides. But stop paying rent, and then watch him take a side.

Be very careful, find some way to get them on your friendly side again, even if you don't want to.
Kerry

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name