Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Tired of being harassed-Landlord does nothing to stop it!

Posted by Rosemary Laureano on August 18, 2000 at 15:43:04:

I am at my wits end. I have been to the police station, civil court and talked to the landlord until I'm blue in the face but nothing seems to help. Let me explain. I moved into a 2 family house 6 years ago with my husband and father and it hasn't been a good experience. My father had Parkinson's and needed allot of care which is why he ended up living with us. When we first moved in the upstairs couple were in dispute. She was trying to get rid of her husband by demanding that he leave. Her husband starting talking to my husband, asking for advice, etc. One day she saw them talking and became very angry with my husband and began a hate campaign against him and me because I'm his wife. They have since reconciled and now they are in a joint effort to make things difficult for us so that we pack up and move. They have spread gossip about us, pushed our patio furniture around, bump their things against our cars and just recently her husband threatened our lives by saying that when he sees us "he sees dead people". I feel uncomfortable being there especially now because my husband is away on business. I pay plenty of rent and I should be able to enjoy the backyard with having people moving my furniture around and otherwise harass me. Their 13/14 year old son, who happens to be a big kid, purposely bumped into me one evening as I was returning home from work. Then he had the nerve to say "why don't you just move out of my way!" (I'm only 5'2") Do I need an attorney? What can I do? Our rights are being violated and I don't know what else to do. How can I make them stop or at least accountable for their actions? They just hate us and want us to move and the landlord isn't doing a thing to stop them. How can a get a HP action against the landlord? Can you give me some help/advice? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

FED UP

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name