Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

When your lease expires, yes they can.

Posted by Unstoppable Ed on August 15, 2000 at 18:52:39:

In Reply to: Can they increase my rent from $775.00 to $850.00? posted by Andy on August 15, 2000 at 12:14:22:

You need to check the beginning and ending dates of your lease. If your lease has not yet expired, then you are still covered by the lease, they cannot raise your rent and you agree to keep the other terms of the lease.

Once your lease has expired, anything can happen. They can offer you a new lease, raise the rent, you can decide to move out, or you can remain there as a "month to month" tenant (without any lease).

: I have lived in this Appt from 1997 to the present date (North Hills CA). And I have this packet of info (Renter's Rights)that states that the landlord can only increase the rent "If you have a lease your landlord can not raise your rent unless there is a provision for this in the lease agreement. (Sec.827 of CC)" If this is the case there is no provision for this in my lease agreement.
: Please if someone knows a litttle bit more about this matter. Please do send it. It would be greatly appreciated.
: Sincerly,
: Andy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name