Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Do you have a lease?

Posted by MikeW on August 14, 2000 at 12:30:32:

In Reply to: My landlord is trying to evict me posted by Daria on August 10, 2000 at 22:49:38:

If you do, you can force him into court to do an eviction, and fight him there. At that point, he'll have to prove his charges.

: I live in a duplex in Morris County, NJ with my daughter, and two roommates. My LL claims the neighbors are constantly complaining that we are too loud. The police were at our house twice and both times found nothing going on (one night we were on the porch talking and the other we were in the house watching TV).The LL has only called us once on the issue and that was when we had a small party (10 people) on the fourth of July. We thought the issue was resolved that evening and then on July 15th she shows up with a notice to quit that stated we had thirty days to move out. In the notice she stated that we have other people living in the house (not true), too many cars are parked on the premises (we park across the street on a public road), that there was garbage on the front porch (a pizza box waiting for recycling day), that we do drugs outside (absolutely not true!!!), that we constantly have parties and race cars (one party and we are the third house in on a dead end street, barely able to get up to 20mph before we get to our house), and that we were rude and used obsecenties to other parties. Is this legal? She has not given us any legal documents. this notice was just on a piece of paper and signed by her. Any advice on how to deal with this lunatic landlord?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name