Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Can I seek damages from landlord for falsifying a repair claim?

Posted by richard on August 10, 2000 at 19:21:43:

In Reply to: Can I seek damages from landlord for falsifying a repair claim? posted by Matt on August 10, 2000 at 16:07:28:

Matt:

Do you have a lease? Then he cannot charge you anymore then whats stated on the lease PERIOD!.......

If not...then if he adds a charge to the rent he has to give you a 30 day notice beggining from the day you normally pay rent, to pay it or he can start eviction proceedings

Well if you feel he will steal your security then dont pay last months rent, unless he aggres in writing to return it.

Also take lots of pictures before you leave, to prove there was no damages.

===================================

: I current rent an uncontrolled apartment in Murray Hill, and my landlord placed a significant charge on our bill for repairs to a gas line he claimed we broke. However, we spoke with the plumbers who repaired the line, and they state that we did not break the line, but that workers renovating the apartment below us did. In short, our landlord has taken us to housing court, which was thrown out, and is now likely to take the amount of the charge from our security deposit. It is clear to us that the landlord is willfully attempting to get us to pay for something he knows was not our fault. Is there something I can do to make him pay for this?

: Matt

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name