Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Dealing with the Rap music upstairs..HELP!!...an IDEA

Posted by Richard on August 10, 2000 at 19:15:21:

In Reply to: Dealing with the Rap music upstairs..HELP!! posted by Allisya on August 10, 2000 at 17:34:40:

Any of your friends have a video camera.......well TAPE HIM playing eminem, at 4 am with ALL THE F & B words.... go in the yard and tape him,

And do it a few times...... then present the tape to the building management, or in Court if you have to...... you will WIN!

=======================

: Hello!

: We recently moved into an apartment. I have never had an apartment where there was a tenant above me. There is also a tenant on each side wich is separated by a fire wall. I hear nothing from those tenants. My upstairs neighbor however comes home every day at 5 am and turns on Eminem so loud my house shakes. I might also add that his windows are open and I can't allow my 4 year old to play in her sand box between the F this and B that words. This would not be so bad except for the fact that he is a maintenance man for the apartment complex. We also share a garage and basement area with the upstairs tenants. (Washer and dryers and storage are down there) . What can I do??? I really do not want a confrontation with someone who could easily damage by vehichle or get a key to my apartment at will. I am a stay at home mother of 2 small children and I do not want to make waves or put my children in danger over this. His wife/girlfired (I am not sure which) is also home during the day and occasionally "cranks it" loudly. Today I was at my wits end and cranked my stereo for about 3 or 4 minutes just to see if they would get the message. They didn't. What can I do short of moving out? My lease is not up until next MAY and there is a clause in there that they may try and collect the whole lease if I try and move out. Any ideas???

: Thanks in Advance

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name